This recipe is made in a 9×13 glass pan, serves a large family or small group easily. (Really delicious first time, or as leftovers!)
Make a double recipe of cornbread batter, layer cornbread batter and taco meat and cheese, bake in the oven until the cornbread is done, lightly browned on top.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Ancho Chili Powder
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped, smashed to paste consistency
- 1 tablespoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 small cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups white spelt flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons (non aluminum) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 Cups of Monterey Jack Cheese shredded fine
Put half corn bread batter on the bottom of the pan. Taco filling goes next, then cheese, then the last half of corn bread batter.
Bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 400 degrees F., or until the cornbread on top is set and lightly browned.
Serve and enjoy piping hot!