1 large onion, chopped fairly fine
4 or 5 large cloves garlic, finely diced, smashed
1 lb organic beef or bison, ground
2 Tbsp Beef Base (less if desired)
1 can of tomato soup, or tomato paste equivalent, or tomato sauce, or … tomato you-name-it (can use more than 1 can of soup amount if desired as well)
1 Tbsp Deli Mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dry basil
1 pkg medium egg noodles
1 cup sour cream (optional) or yogurt, etc.
Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional) or any other cheese you prefer
- In large skillet cook onion in olive oil for a few minutes, then add garlic, stir frequently until onions are translucent.
- Add ground meat and brown, stirring frequently to break into small bite size pieces.
- Add Beef Base, Mustard, Worcestershire sauce and basil to the pan.
- Add tomato and stir well.
- Add 1 cup water, and stir in the entire package of dry noodles, combining with the meat & sauce mixture as well as can.
- Slowly add more water to the pan, covering the noodles entirely. Bring to a boil, then bring the temperature down to simmer, and put a lid onto the pan. Cook for about 15 minutes. (add more water if needed)
- Stir in 1 cup of sour cream, and allow to heat through.
- Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top and cover with lid, keeping heat on low, until cheese melts.
- Serve from the pan, or gently turn into a dish for serving.